Events for Researchers and Lecturers in Lausanne and Zurich
SWITCHengines is the service for self-service virtual machines and storage currently running a pilot phase. SWITCH invites researchers and lecturers from the Swiss Higher Education Community to introduce the service to them.
The presentations will cover the service and include a hands-on session so attendants can get practical experience with the service.
For whom is the event?
- Researchers and Lecturers of the Swiss Higher Education Community with a need for IT resources
- Researchers and Lecturers using cloud services for ther academic life or being interested in using them
Ideally, attendants have experience with basic administration of Linux systems.
Place and Date
- Lausanne, Université de Lausanne (Amphimax building, room 414): Tuesday, 2nd June 2015 13:45-17:15
- Zurich, SWITCH: Tuesday, 9 June 2015 13:45-17:15
- Cloud activities of SWITCH
- What is SWITCHengines?
- Use Cases with SWITCHengines
- Hands-on session of SWITCHengines
- Status of the service and roadmap
- Q&A and next steps
The event is also open to members of university IT services.